Tuesday, December 14, 2010

60 degrees difference

3 years ago exactly,
this was my reality.
I thought it was magical and fun.






Three houses and three moves later....
I can tell you that I fully appreciate my 70 degrees in December,
(but I do miss white Christmases when it is 10 degrees out
just a little bit)

and perspective is everything.



I am so incredibly grateful for our years in Washington,
and they were great years....
tough years, yes
cold years, yes

but

they were years full of togetherness
and teamwork
and love.
And I feel like they strengthened my relationship with Justin
as well as the relationship I have with myself in a very unique way.

I am grateful for this Air Force life.
I know it is temporary,
and I will be a Californian once again.
But, Texas is growing on me
and I am happy to be here.

We were blessed to come here right behind one of our favorite families from Fairchild
and that has helped calm my heart, and kept the kids from totally freaking out.
They have their built-in friends, and so do we.
And that is amazing.
Because for some reason, I don't really feel like making new friends yet.
I have incredible friends...
and I don't even have enough time to give to them.
And I love them.
So I am taking a break from making new friends,
and I am cherishing the ones I have,
and I am thanking my lucky stars one of them is here in San Antonio with me.

I am a lucky duck.

3 years ago, she was all I had to worry about...

and now, 3 years later
I may have more worry,
more stress,
more disciplining,
more messes to clean,
more sleepless nights,
more gray hair...
BUT
I have this blessing.


And I know Paige and Justin would agree that he is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Ariel your videos were so fun to watch, I didnt have time to post a comment. you make me laugh. I have oily hair but it was still fun to watch you, haha! post more!

    Im glad you are feeling settled in texas and enjoying the weather! and how nice to have friends there, what a difference that would make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Riv is getting. He's so handsome my goodness! What a looker. I hope baby boy Caiden looks a lot like River. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, i was sooo just thinking this about all my good, true, friends close to my heart. I need to cherish them and put more effort into those friendships than to worry about the new friends i haven't made yet.
    i'm so glad you're settling in Texas well, i'm sure it IS a total change from bitter cold Washington. haha!
    yea i guess my kids are worth the wrinkles and exhaustion and chubbiness. jordanne said, 'no chub, no child"..so very true, well at least for me. ;D

    ReplyDelete

So happy you have something to say...